Aug 22, 2009

Street Jam Recap.

Nice turnout Thursday night. Whole buncha kids I'd never met, shredding and having a blast. Good spots, great vibes, beautiful night. Once we got the mob moving, I didn't notice anyone hanging on the sidelines. At least two broken chains, but no flat tires, no run-ins, and no significant injuries.

I only broke out my pocket point-n-shoot when I wasn't riding, which wasn't very often, so this is a pretty lazy documentary. Help with names for these photos would be appreciated.

So. Briefly:

This driveway is one of the smoothest natural flyouts in the city. The goal here was to catch a branch in one's mouth:

DFG.

Crash.

Mikl "Yellow Helmet " Baranov.


Nick Morris from Southeast was grinding everything. This Lincoln High classic has approximately a bike length of runup.


Pallets...
...Made our way to the Pearl District towards midnight. Dalton Holt from Olympia sent the gap of the evening. (Dalton has a little blog here.)


And at another historically significant Portland spot we challenged Yellow Helmet Baranov to wallride over a bike.



Nothing beats Portland in the Summer. Kids are riding hard.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing. I miss doing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Ride with the Bens" in 2k2 was quite possibly the single peak experience of my bmx life, Ben.

    ReplyDelete